Maintaining a Positive Relationship
Follow up & Follow Through
- Be on time & keep commitments.
- Be present and consistent.
- Set boundaries.
- Accommodate each other while also being respectful of time and roles.
- Reply to opportunities and communications in a timely manner.
- Ask for feedback and show growth.
- Demonstrate that you actively reflect between interactions.
Maintain Confidentiality & Discretion
- Mentors and mentees will share stories about the own paths and lives. These are to be honored as advice and their own stories and not to be shared unless advised that it is ok to do so.
- Please note: Should there be a safety concern, or concern for well-being, it is expected that the individual contact a Mentorship Coordinator for advice and therefore, confidentiality may not always be promised.
- Be willing to step out of your comfort zone.
- Demonstrate interest through active listening.
- Take initiative – whether that be finding a new coffee shop for a meeting, setting the date/agenda, etc.
- Be honest about your goals and aspirations.
- Speak up if you need clarification.
- Show gratitude and stay positive!