- This event has passed.
Double Bill Screening of ‘The Other Side of Porcupine Lake’ and ‘Porcupine Lake’
April 2, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 11:30 pmFREE
Presented by Innis College and the Cinema Studies Institute.
Double Bill Screening of The Other Side of Porcupine Lake and Porcupine Lake with Filmmaker Ingrid Veninger
Monday, April 2, 2018
7 pm (doors open at 6:40 pm)
Innis Town Hall, 2 Sussex Ave
- 7:00 pm | The documentary The Other Side of Porcupine Lake, followed by a Q&A with Ingrid Veninger and filmmaker Julian Papas
- 9:30 pm | The fiction Porcupine Lake, followed by a Q&A with Ingrid Veninger and cast/costume designer Hallie Switzer
- Q&As moderated by film producer Agata Del Sorbo
- Registration is now closed. Unregistered guests will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis at 7:00 pm.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-978-1563 with any inquiries.
The Other Side of Porcupine Lake (2017)
Follows award-winning filmmaker Ingrid Veninger as she makes her sixth feature film, Porcupine Lake. This documentary utilizes an observational style to reveal the intimate process from writing and casting, through production and post. A must-see for every filmmaker, emerging or established, who is interested in making a feature film in Canada, and for anyone curious about Veninger’s unique DIY approach.
“A moving portrait of a personal and collective process.” Jill Freidberg, Whistler Film Festival World Documentary Jury
Porcupine Lake (2017)
World Premiere at 2017 TIFF, with screenings throughout North America, South America and overseas. Developed as part of the pUNK Films Femmes Lab, championed by Melissa Leo. Porcupine Lake tells the story of bravery and the secret life of girls during a fateful summer when adulthood has not yet arrived but childhood is quickly vanishing.
“Assured, subtle storytelling by director/screenwriter Ingrid Veninger.” Marsha Lederman, The Globe & Mail