Mentee Terms of Agreement
In my role as a participating student, I agree to:
- Maintain a relationship with my mentor from October 2017 to March 2018 through monthly meetings (minimum)
- Attend a student Mentee Orientation Session in October 2017, if I have not previously done so
- Complete and submit online Mentee-Mentor Agreement, reflections, and program evaluations by due dates
- Adhere to the expectations outlined in the Mentee-Mentor Agreement
- Conduct myself in a professional manner, including being present and on time for all agreed upon meetings and events, advising my mentor 24 hours in advance if I am unable to attend scheduled meetings, and responding to communication promptly
- I will NOT solicit my mentor for employment
- Observe confidentiality and personal/professional boundaries
- Be receptive to feedback and suggestions from my mentor and follow-up on tasks they may assign, explore my own strengths and weaknesses and set relevant goals, take advantage of opportunities for networking and building professional relationships
- Write a thank you card to my mentor at the end of the program
- Contact a member of the Mentorship Committee if any concerns arise
- Make the most of my experience!
It is your responsibility to prepare in advance for each contact with your mentor. This is to ensure that communication is both productive and informative, as well as a beneficial use of time for both you and your mentor.